Minutes of the CPS Board meeting on 27 September 2012
Keir Starmer (Chair)
Item 1: Note of Last Meeting
1. The note of the last meeting was agreed.
Item 2: Director-s Update
- Social Media
- Phone hacking
- Hillsborough Report
- CPS Media Guidelines
- Code for Crown Prosecutors
- HMCPSI Reports
- NED recruitment
3. The Director set out his schedule of Area visits.
4. A roundtable on Female Genital Mutilation is due to be held on 28 September.
5. Mike Kennedy will be leaving the Service in November/December.
Item 3: Refocusing the CPS
6. Peter Lewis provided an update on the Refocusing Programme.
Item 4: CPS/HMCTS Joint Board
7. Peter Lewis updated the Board on recent conversations with Peter Handcock, Chief Executive of HMCTS.
Item 5: DWP-CPS Transition Project Update
8. Simon Clements, Clare Toogood and Annewen Rowe delivered an update on the merger of DWP Prosecution Division into the CPS Welfare, Rural and Health Division.
Item 6: Single Assurance Report
9. Veena King presented the September integrated CPS Assurance Report to the Board.
Item 7: Area Performance Review Q1
10. Adrian Foster provided an update to the Board on Area performance in Q1 2012/13.
Item 8: Yorkshire & Humberside Q1 Performance Report
11. Martin Goldman (CCP) and Karen Wright (ABM) joined the Board to discuss their performance report.
Item 9: London Q1 Performance Report
12. Alison Saunders (CCP) and Jean Ashton (ABM) joined the Board to discuss their performance report.
Strategy and Policy Directorate
Next meeting 23 October 2012