Information for prosecuting advocates
Information of interest to prosecuting advocates engaged by the CPS. Please find the information you require below:
CPS Fee Schemes and Remunerations
News and information about the CPS Advocate Panels, including links to the Application Portal
Information about Treasury Counsel, including how to apply to become a monitoree.
Advocacy Policy and Guidance
- CPS 2025 Advocacy Strategy
- Instructions for prosecuting advocates (prosecution guidance section)
- Service Level Agreement - External Advocates: Magistrates’ Court
- CPS Casework Quality Standards
- Farquharson Guidelines: Role of Prosecuting Advocates
- National Standards of Advocacy
- CPS Equality and Diversity Expectations Statement for the Bar (2012)
Errant Conduct and Poor Performance by External Advocates
This guidance provides a framework for Chairs of Circuit Advocate Liaison Committees to deal with allegations of errant conduct or poor performance consistently and fairly. It also clarifies the role of Chief Crown Prosecutors in dealing with minor conduct or performance issues.