Minutes of the CPS Board meeting on 26 November 2013
Alison Saunders (Chair)
Jasbinder Sidhu (Guest observer)
Item 1: Note of Last Meeting and Matters Arising
1. The note of the last meeting held on 22 September 2013 was agreed.
Item 2: Director's Update
2. The Director provided an update on the following:
- Recent schedule of meetings
- The CJS Efficiency Programme
Item 3: DPP Priorities
3. The Director provided detail on the priorities with which the CPS values will be fundamentally interlinked:
- Casework Quality
- Victims and Witnesses
- Tools and skills for the job
Item 4: Review of 2013/14 Priorities
4. Nick Hunt provided an overview of current CPS priorities. The Chief Executive advised of future CPS commitments.
Item 5: Victim and Witness Programme
5. Nick Hunt outlined the key elements of the programme.
Item 6: Asset Recovery
6. Peter Lewis outlined work to date on asset recovery. Ed Beltrami provided information on the approach to confiscation, restraint and enforcement.
Item 7: Q2 Assurance Report & Risk Management Update
7. Veena King presented the Q2 Assurance Report & Anita Misra presented the Risk Management update.
Item 8: Departmental Improvement Plan (DIP)
8. Jeremy Newman provided an overview of progress.
Item 9: Q2 Area Performance Review
9. Dave Cass presented the Q2 Area Performance Review, highlighting key performance trends. He also provided an overview of CPS Direct and North East Area performance.
Item 10: North East Area Performance
10. Wendy Williams (CCP) and Ian Brown (ABM) presented a report on CPS North East performance for Q1 and Q2.
Item 11: AOB
11. The format and content of future papers was discussed.
Next meeting 17 December 2013