Minutes of the CPS Board meeting on 26 July 2012
Keir Starmer (Chair)
Item 1: Note of Last Meeting
1. The note of the last meeting was agreed.
Item 2: Director's Update
2. The Director provided an update on the following high profile casework:
- Operation Weeting
- Drax Power Station
3. A sharper, streamlined Code was launched for public consultation on 19 July 2012.
4. The public consultation on the CPS Interim Media Guidelines has now closed.
5. The Director delivered a speech on 21 July 2012 announcing the success of the CPS VAWG strategy (2008-2011).
6. Peter Lewis provided an update on the Civil Service Reform Plan.
7. A roundtable discussion will be held in the autumn on Female Genital Mutilation.
Item 3: Refocusing the CPS- update on progress
8. Peter Lewis and Simon Jeal provided an update to the Board on the progress of the Refocusing Programme.
Item 4: Environmental Factors Influencing the Choice of Future Business Models
9. Matthew McGonagle presented a paper on the environmental factors affecting the CPS' consideration of future business models.
Item 5: Delivering the People Strategy into 2013
10. Mark Summerfield presented a paper on planning for year two of the People Strategy.
Item 6: Single Assurance Report
11. Veena King presented a paper on the development of a Single Assurance Report aligned to the Services' strategic objectives.
Item 7: AOB
12. Reporting for the September performance based Board meeting will be done against the CPS Corporate Plan.
Strategy and Policy Directorate
Next meeting 27 September 2012