Minutes of the CPS Board meeting on 25 June 2013
Keir Starmer (Chair)
Item 1: Note of Last Meeting and Matters Arising
1. The note of the last meeting held on 20 May was agreed.
Item 2: Director's Update
2. The Director provided an update on the following:
- Positive media coverage of the Victims' Right to Review
- Social media
- Justice committee appearance
- Recent high profile cases.
Item 3: South East Area Interim Report
3. Jim Brisbane provided an update on the SE Area Q4 overall performance.
Item 4: People Strategy Update
4. The Chief Operating officer presented a People Strategy update.
Item 5: CQS Monitoring
5. The Chief Operating Officer presented a paper on Core Quality Standards Monitoring.
Item 6: Police Performance
6. The Chief Operating Officer presented a paper on current expectations around efficiency and accountability.
Item 7: Departmental Improvement Plan
7. A paper was presented on the CPS requirement to provide central government with a Departmental Improvement Plan (DIP) during this financial year.
Item 8: Business Plan
8. Jack Newby presented the latest draft of the CPS Business Plan for 2013/14.
Item 9: Cyber Crime
9. The CPS Board requested a paper on the implications for the CPS of the increase in cybercrime.
Item 10: Interim People Survey Results
10. A detailed look at the interim People Survey results findings was presented by Mark Summerfield.
Item 11: Refocusing Programme
11. Simon Jeal updated the Board on progress in terms of the Refocusing Programme.
Item 12: AOB
Next meeting 24 September 2013