Minutes of the CPS Board meeting on 21 November 2012
Keir Starmer (Chair)
Item 1: Note of Last Meeting and Matters Arising
1. The note of the last meeting was agreed.
Item 2: Director's update
2. The Director provided an update on the following:
- International Association of Prosecutors Conference
- CPS Visits
- Police and Crime Commissioners
- Home Affairs Select Committee
- Social Media Guidelines
- Senior Managers Conference
- Chief Operating Officer Post
- Non-executive Directors
- Jimmy Savile
3. The Chief Executive updated the Board on the CJS environment and the anticipated CJS Reform work.
Item 3: Refocusing the CPS
4. Simon Jeal updated the Board on current progress following on from the Senior Management Conference
Item 4: Board Assurance Report
5. Veena King presented the November Assurance Report.
Item 5: People Survey Results - Update
6. Mark Summerfield presented a verbal update on the survey highlight report for CPS.
Item 6: Area Performance Review: Q2
7. Adrian Foster presented the Area performance report for Q2 2012/13.
Item 7: Thames and Chiltern Q2 Performance Report
8. Baljit Ubhey (CCP) and Karen Sawitzki (ABM) attended the Board to discuss their performance report.
Item 8: A.O.B
9. The Board noted their thanks and appreciation to Mike Kennedy for his contribution to the organisation. He will be leaving the CPS in December after a distinguished career, latterly as the CPS' first Chief Operating Officer.
Strategy and Policy Directorate
Date of next meeting 19 December 2012