Minutes of the CPS Board meeting on 21 March 2014
Alison Saunders (C)
Item 1: Note of Last Meeting and Matters Arising
1. The note of the last meeting held on 25 February 2014 was agreed.
Item 2: Directors Update
2. The Chief Executive provided an update on attendance at a PAC hearing.
3. The DPP updated on the following:
- Joint UK and Spanish Proceeds of Crime Conference in Madrid;
- Bilateral UK/Italy in Rome; and
- Recent speeches.
Item 3: Law Officers Discussion
4. The Non-executive Directors fedback to the Board on their meeting with the Law Officers.
Item 4: Tools and Skills for the Job (TSJ)
5. Claire Lindley provided an overview of the Directors Tools and Skills for the Job priority.
Item 5: CPS Victim & Witness Strategy
6. Matthew McGonagle outlined the strategic approach of the strategy.
Item 6: Refocusing the CPS
7. Simon Jeal advised on progress and achievements to date.
Item 7: CPS 2014-15 Business Plan
8. Jack Newby presented the Business Plan.
Item 9: AOB
9. Jeremy Newman advised that the Departmental Improvement Plan (DIP) is due for publication on 27 March 2014.
Next meeting 20 May 2014