Minutes of the CPS Board meeting on 20 May 2014
Alison Saunders (C)
Item 1: Note of Last Meeting and Matters Arising
1. The note of the last meeting held on 21 March 2014 was agreed.
Item 2: Directors Update
2. The Director provided an update on the following:
- Two of the current Non-Executive Directors will be re-appointed for a further three years.
- Recent speeches.
- Appointment of 10 permanent Deputy Chief Crown Prosecutors.
- CPS People Week.
- Launch of the Casework Quality Standards.
- Domestic Violence Policy consultation.
3. The Chief Executive provided an update on the refreshed CJ Strategy and Action Plan.
Item 3: Q4 2013/14 Assurance Report
4. Jack Newby outlined key highlights from the Q4 report.
Item 4: Independent Assessor of Complaints Annual Report
5. Stephen Shaw, Independent Assessor of Complaints for CPS provided an overview of the headlines from his 2013/14 Annual Report
Item 5: Nominations and Governance Committee (NGC)
6. The Terms of Reference and future programme of work for the NGC were endorsed.
Item 6: Q4 Area Performance Review
7. Dave Cass provided an overview of National and Area performance for both Q4 and year-end 2013/14.
Item 7: High Profile Case Handling
8. The Board discussed the approach to high-profile, difficult and non-recent cases.
Item 8: HQ Review
9. Adrian Foster provided an overview of the review report.
Item 9: AOB
10. The Board endorsed and commended the new CPS Cybercrime Strategy.
Next meeting 24 June 2014