Minutes of the CPS Board meeting on 20 May 2013
Keir Starmer (Chair)
Item 1: Note of Last Meeting and Matters Arising
1. The note of the last meeting held on 26 March was agreed.
Item 2: Director's Update
2. The Director provided an update on the following:
- Social Media
- Child Sexual Abuse response
- Justice Select Committee
- Victims Right to Review Guidance (VRR)
- DPP Area Visits
3. The Chief Executive updated the Board on ministerial priorities, focusing on the CJS Strategy and Action Plan.
4. The Board considered the CPS Business Plan.
Item 3: Refocusing the CPS
5. Simon Jeal provided an update on progress.
Item 4: CPS Governance Review
6. Alison Porter presented the final report of the 2013 CPS Governance Review.
Item 5: Q4 Assurance Report
7. Veena King presented the Q4 Assurance Report and invited the Board to consider performance against measures.
Item 6: Q4 Area Performance Review
8. Adrian Foster provided an update on Area performance for Q4 2012/13.
Item 7: South East Performance Report
9. Roger Coe-Salazar (CCP) and Julie Heron (ABM) presented their Q4 performance report to the Board.
Item 8: Thames & Chiltern Performance Report
10. Baljit Ubhey (CCP) and Karen Sawitzki (ABM) presented their Q4 performance report to the Board.
Item 9: Yorkshire & Humberside Performance Report
11. Martin Goldman (CCP) and Karen Wright (ABM) presented their Q4 performance report to the Board.
Item 10: AOB
12. The Board agreed to invite Organised Crime Division to the next quarterly performance Board.
Next meeting 25 June 2013