Minutes of the CPS Board meeting on 19 December 2012
Keir Starmer (Chair)
Item 1: Note of Last Meeting and Matters Arising
1. The note of the last meeting was agreed.
Item 2: Director's update
2. The Director provided an update on:
- orth Wales care homes, allegations of historical child abuse Hillsborough.
- Area visits
- Social Media Interim Guidelines
- Joint Enterprise guidance
- The Policy Exchange Report on the CPS.
- CPS Direct CCP role
3. The Chief Executive updated the Board on the on the Chancellor's Autumn Statement of 5 December.
4. The Board were updated on CJS Reform, in particular the priorities of the new ministerial teams at the Home Office and MoJ.
Item 3: People Survey Results - update
Item 4: Refocusing the CPS
6. Simon Jeal updated the Board on progress since the November meeting.
Item 5: CPS International Strategy and Delivery
7. Patrick Stevens presented a paper on the current position of the CPS international strategy.
Item 6: CJS Reform - Performance Analysis
8. A discussion took place on key delivery partner performance as part of risk management.
Item 7: Q2 Performance
9. Adrian Foster provided an analysis on CPS East Midlands performance in Q2 2012/13.
Item 8: East Midlands Q2 Performance Report
10. Judith Walker (CCP) and Adele Clarke (ABM) attended the Board to discuss their performance report.
Item 9: A.O.B
11. The Board were advised that The Cabinet Office & Treasury have been working on a Transformation Project for Internal Audit.
Strategy and Policy
Date of next meeting 26 February 2013