Man who posed as teenager and persuaded girls to send him indecent photos jailed
A 45-year-old man who posed on social media as a teenage boy and persuaded girls across the country to send him indecent photographs and videos of themselves, threatening to expose them in an attempt to obtain additional images, has been sentenced to six years and eight months' imprisonment.
Wayne Hudson, from Kidderminster, was sentenced yesterday (24 November 2020) at Worcester Crown Court after pleading guilty to three counts of causing or inciting a child under 13 to engage in sexual activity and three counts of sexual communication with a child. He entered no pleas for a further three counts of causing or inciting a child under 13 to engage in sexual activity.
Hudson contacted his five victims via social media, pretending to be a 15-year-old boy, and pressured the victims who were all aged between 12 and 13, and from locations around the UK including Kent, and Staffordshire to send multiple indecent photos and on some occasions videos of themselves. He also communicated with them in a sexual manner and sent indecent photos of himself. His offending came to light when one mother decided to check her daughter’s mobile telephone and discovered the messages between her daughter and Hudson.
Karen Walton of the CPS said: “Wayne Hudson hid behind a computer and developed three social media personas to target girls as young as 12. He was fully aware of their ages, having asked early on in the conversations, yet he enticed them to send him naked photos and videos and blackmailed them for further images. I would like to thank the victims for their bravery in coming forward to ensure that Hudson has been jailed for his actions.”
Notes to editors
- Karen Walton is a Senior Crown Prosecutor at CPS West Midlands
- Wayne Hudson (D.O.B 19 December 1974), was sentenced for:
- Counts 1-4, causing or inciting a child to engage in sexual activity: 56 months concurrent on each
- Counts 5 and 6, sexual communication with a child: six months on each concurrent to sentence on count 7
- Count 7, causing or inciting a child to engage in sexual activity: two years concurrent to counts 5 and 6 but consecutive to counts 1-4
- Counts 8 and 9, sexual communication with a child: eight months concurrent to the sentence on count 7
- Count 9, causing or inciting a child to engage in sexual activity with a child: eight months concurrent to the sentence on count 7
- Total sentence: 80 months' imprisonment
- Forfeiture and destruction of defendant’s phone
- He was also made subject of a Sexual Harm Prevention Order (SHPO).