Feedback and complaints

We aim to deal with complaints sensitively, fairly and in confidence.  We will reply to your complaint within 20 working days of receiving your letter.

When writing to us please include as much information as possible, such as the name of the defendant, the nature and date(s) of any offence(s), the court that dealt with the case, the date(s) of any hearing(s) and the police force that investigated the offence(s).

If you are not satisfied with the reply you receive from the local office, you should contact the Chief Crown Prosecutor for the Area in question. He or she will take up your complaint and write back to you.

To give us feedback or make a complaint please click on "tell us what you think" on the left hand side of this screen or click on the following link: Feedback and complaints. All feedback and complaints received will be sent straight to the relevant Area and will be dealt with in line with our feedback and complaints policy, which can also be accessed using this link.

Freedom of information

For freedom of information enquiries please fill in an FOI request using the form on the national CPS website. More information about FOI can be found on the national site

Media enquiries

Please note that these contact details are for use by the media and not for the public to make general enquiries or complaints - the feedback and complaints link on the left of this page should be used for this purpose.

For local media enquiries email

For national media enquiries contact the CPS national press office on 020 3357 0906 or email

Victims' Right to Review

The CPS has an initiative called the Victims' Right to Review Scheme, which makes it easier for victims to seek a review of a CPS decision not to bring charges or to terminate proceedings.

If you are a victim seeking to exercise your right to request a review of a CPS decision not to bring charges, discontinue proceedings or offer no evidence in a case, you can find the information you need on the main CPS website.

If you wish to seek a review, please contact CPS South West via e-mail at

Please note that the scheme applies only in relation to qualifying decisions made on or after 5 June 2013.


Contact us

CPS offices are generally staffed between 9 and 5.


5th Floor, Kite Wing
Temple Quay House
2 The Square

DX: 78120 Bristol
Tel Switchboard: 0117 930 2800

Chris Long, Chief Crown Prosecutor for the South West, is based at the Bristol office.


Longbrook House
New North Road

Please note for sat nav you will need to use EX4 4UD

DX: 151400 Exeter 25
Tel Switchboard: 01392 356700


1st Floor
Penhaligon House
Green Street

DX: 315101 Truro 9
Tel Switchboard: 01872 243000

Contact information for defence

The following information is for the sole use of defence firms who are on the Criminal Justice Secure email system (CJSM).

All CPS email addresses you currently use must be suffixed with in order to guarantee that your correspondence remains secure.

Please note if you email from any account other than a CJSM account we will not respond electronically to your request. Further information on CJSM

If you are a defence practitioner and are requesting IDPC, please send your request to and please ensure that the following information is included in your email

  • Subject Box - Request for IDPC
  • Body of Email - Defendant's name, date of birth, date of hearing and Unique Reference Number (URN) and court centre

For all other defence correspondence please ensure that the following information is included in your email:

  • Subject Box - Unique Reference Number (URN) and court centre
  • Body of Email - Defendant's name, date of birth, date of hearing and nature of request

Failure to include this information may result in a delay processing your request.

Complex Casework Unit

Correspondence relating to Complex Casework Unit cases:

Rape and Serious Sexual Offences Unit

Correspondence relating to Rape and Serious Sexual Offences cases:

For all other cases being heard in the South West (Devon and Cornwall, Avon and Somerset, Gloucestershire):

Correspondence relating to magistrates' court matters:

Matters relating to Crown Court matters: