Man jailed for trying to buy young girl to rape and torture
A man who tried to broker a swap for a 12-year-old girl to rape and torture in exchange for providing crystal meth has been jailed for a total of nine years with an extended licence period of four years.
Aaron St Omer, 32, told an undercover police officer he wanted to rape and torture underage girls on an encrypted messaging site in August last year. He then met up with the officer at The Masque Haunt Wetherspoon pub in Old Street to make good on the deal.
Today [Friday, 23 March] at Snaresbrook Crown Court, St Omer was sentenced for:
- Arranging or facilitating commission of a child sex offence - nine years with an extended licence period of four years
- Supplying a class A drug - three years and six months
- Possession of a class A drug - two years
- Possession of a class A drug with intent - one year
- Possession of a class B drug with intent - six months
- Possession of a class C drug with intent - six months
- Having an offensive weapon - eight months
Police were alerted to St Omer after a Wickr website user raised the alarm about a member that went under the name twistedtaboo85 on the site.
During a phone call with the undercover officer before their meeting, St Omer admitted having a sexual interest in underage girls and said that he wanted to sexually assault them. He also asked the officer if he could get girls that he could burn with a cigarette.
St Omer was arrested as he sat in the pub with the undercover officer at around 11am on 10 August 2017. He was found to be carrying lubricant, drugs and some sex toys.
Karen Phillips, from the CPS, said: "Aaron St Omer had fantasies about torturing and sexually abusing young girls. The prosecution was able to prove that he had gone equipped to carry his fantasies out, clearly believing that bartering drugs to hurt young girls was a suitable trade-off.
"This investigation and prosecution was only possible thanks to the website user who reported St Omer and therefore I would like to encourage members of the public who may have similar concerns about children being abused or tortured to take action and call the police.
"St Omer will now spend time in prison where he will no longer be a threat to children. The CPS takes abuse against young people extremely seriously and will continue to prosecute cases where there is evidence to do so."
St Omer was also given a sexual harm prevention order.
Notes to editors
- Aaron St Omer [DOB: 23/07/1985] is from Woodford Green.
- He had previously admitted possession of a class A drug, possession of a class A drug with intent, possession of a class B drug with intent, possession of a class C drug with intent and having an offensive weapon. He denied arranging or facilitating commission of a child sex offence and supplying a class A drug, but was found guilty at a trial that concluded in February 2018.
- Karen Phillips is a Senior Crown Prosecutor within the Rape and Serious Sexual Offences unit at London North.