London teacher jailed for sex with teenage boy
A teacher has today (6 October) been sentenced to 16 months in prison for abusing her position of trust at an east London school after having sex with a 15-year-old boy.
Alice McBrearty, 23, was jailed at Snaresbrook Crown Court after pleading guilty earlier this year at Thames Magistrates' Court.
The offences took place between February and May this year after McBrearty contacted the boy on social media and groomed him by buying him gifts.
She began by taking him to parks and out for meals before the sexual activity began at her home.
On one occasion she drove him to a hotel and told him to wait outside while she booked a room. When this was done she messaged him and told him which room to meet her in.
The boy's father reported his concerns to the police after he became suspicious and obtained his son's phone records.
Zarah Dickinson from CPS London said:
"Alice McBrearty conducted a sexual relationship for months with a boy despite knowing he was underage and she was committing a serious crime.
"She groomed him on social media and bought him gifts before having sex with him in her home, at a hotel and in her car.
"We would like to thank the victim for coming forward and for supporting this prosecution during what has been a difficult time for him and his family."
Notes to editors
- Alice McBrearty, of Wanstead Park, was born on 08/04/1994
- Zarah Dickinson is a Crown Advocate for CPS London North
- McBrearty admitted seven counts of an adult abusing a position of trust covering the period from 11 February 2017 to 5 May 2017.
- For the latest in breaking news from the CPS Press Office follow @cpsuk on Twitter and visit our official News Brief - blog.cps.gov.uk
- For media enquiries call the CPS Press Office on 020 3357 0906. Out of Hours - 07590 617233