Man jailed for abusing three children
A paedophile has been jailed for 15 years for historic sexual abuse of three children.
Owain Llyr Thomas, 39, carried out the assaults over a period from 1995 to 2007. One of his victims was under five-years-old when he started the abuse.
Following a six-day trial the jury at Swansea Crown Court found Thomas guilty of 23 offences of sexual abuse.
He was jailed on Thursday, 29 March at the same court.
Mandy Tobias of the CPS said: "Owain Llyr Thomas subjected three very young girls to sexual abuse, two of them repeatedly.
"There is only one explanation why he did so, and that was for his own pleasure.
"His victims showed great courage in reporting the crimes and giving their evidence to the court.
"The convictions are a direct result of their determination, and we thank them for their support and cooperation."
Notes to editors
- Mandy Tobias is a Senior Crown Prosecutor in the CPS Cymru-Wales RASSO team.
- Owain Llyr Thomas (DOB: 29/4/78) was convicted of:
- 11 counts of indecent assault;
- Four counts of assault by penetration (child under 13);
- Four counts of sexual assault of child under 13; and
- Four counts of cause/incite a child under 13 to engage in sexual activity.