International para-swimmer sentenced for sexual offences against children
A 21-year-old from Oswestry has been jailed at Mold Crown Court for sexually assaulting three children.
Tom Piggot was convicted of ten offences, which included two counts of rape, after the jury had heard all the evidence during the trial in July 2021.
During the investigation, the police seized electronic devices from Mr Piggott and found indecent images of children of the most serious category.
Sandra Subacchi of the CPS said: “Tom Piggott claimed he had not had any sexual contact with his child victims, and that his electronic devices had been hacked - claims that the jury rejected.
“Rape is a devasting crime which the CPS is committed to tackling, and we were able to do so in this instance by these courageous children speaking up.”
Tom Piggott was sentenced to a total of ten years’ imprisonment and ordered to register for life as a sex offender.
Notes to editors
- Sandra Subacchi is a Senior Crown Prosecutor in the CPS Cymru-Wales RASSO unit.
- Tom Piggott (DOB: 16/05/2000) was convicted of:
- 2 x rape of a child under 13;
- 2 x sexual assault of a child under 13;
- assault of a child under 13 by penetration;
- 3 x making indecent photographs of a child;
- 2 x causing or inciting a child under 13 to engage in sexual activity.
- A total of 141 moving images and 71 still images of children were recovered from the electronic devices.
- Sentence took place on 13 September 2021.