Teenager jailed for rape of teenage boy - Luton

26/03/2013

A Luton teenager who raped another young boy in a wooded area off of an alleyway has been jailed for eight years today, Tuesday, 26 March 2013.

Kelsey Williams-Brown who was 18 at the time told his victim he had a knife and would stab him in the throat. What happened next was described by a judge today as "despicable."

At Luton Crown Court today, Williams-Brown who is now aged 19 pleaded guilty to robbery, rape and attempted rape on 07 January last year.

Maryam Syed prosecuting said the victim, a young boy who was aged just 17 at the time, had been walking in the alleyway between Brooklands Close and Vincent Road that Saturday morning at around 11.30. In the alley he was approached by the defendant who asked him for money and because he was frightened handed over his wallet.

The prosecutor said Williams-Brown then told his victim: "I will stab you in the throat if you don't give me your phone."

The court was told when the victim handed his phone over the defendant handed it back moments later telling him it was his "lucky day."

Miss Syed said Williams-Brown, from Vincent Road, Luton, made as if to walk off, but then took the boy to a wooded area nearby. The boy was so frightened all he could say was "No, no , no," but Williams-Brown forced him to his knees and made him commit a sex act on him. The court heard that he then forced his victim to removed his own trousers and carried out further sex offences on the youngster.

Before making off, Williams-Brown demanded the boy's Samsung mobile phone. Police were quickly alerted and were on the scene soon after the attack.

The court heard the defendant was arrested just after 2pm when he returned to the scene and began talking to officers.

Miss Syed said at first he said he hadn't been in the alleyway at the time of the attack and later tried to make out the boy had consented. But in the end he confessed his crimes.

Tim Nutley defending said the defendant did have "psychological issues" and up until the offence had been a young man of good character, who was highly thought of by his family.

Passing sentence, Judge Richard Foster told Williams-Brown: "On 06 January last year you were a person of impeccable good character in the sense that you had no previous convictions or cautions. On 07 January you did something quite extraordinary that morning when you came across a young man aged 17 in an alleyway."

The judge described what happened as a "vicious sexual assault."

What happened that day has had lasting consequences for the victim, said the judge.

He added: "To have been robbed is bad enough, but to have been sexually assaulted in this way is despicable."

He jailed Williams-Brown for eight years and said his name will go on the sex offenders' register for an indefinite period.

He was also made the subject of a Sexual Offence Prevention Order (SOPO), which forbids him from trying to make any contact with his victim.

Please note - all court copies are provided by South Beds News Agency, who retain the copyright for all articles published.