Man jailed for sexually abusing boys - Watford

30/08/2013

A Watford man who took pictures of a young boy as he sexually abused him and then distributed them over the internet has, today, Friday, 30 August 2013, been jailed for five years and three months.

Bader Loy abused the youngster over a two year period. He also took another young teenage boy to his home and sexually assaulted him after meeting the boy through a website called Gaydar.

At Albans Crown Court Loy, 67, of Woodhurst Avenue in Watford, appeared for sentence on a total of 17 child sex abuse charges.

Anne Evans prosecuting for Thames and Chiltern Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) said it was on 23 June last year that police went to the defendant's home. He was arrested for possessing indecent images of children, which police believed he had sent to others via the internet.

He had amassed a collection of more than 2000 images, some of which were at the very worst level. Some of the pictures police found showed a young boy being abused by Loy himself, The boy had been 11-years-old when the offences were committed and continued to when the youngster was 13.

The court heard that one man Loy distributed the photos to was an 80-year-old and living in Canada. The man, a former teacher from England who had emigrated to Canada, had subsequently been jailed.Judge Andrew Bright QC hearing the case was told that Loy had met a young boy through a website called Gaydar. Miss Evans said the boy was around 13 when he went onto the website. As a result he made contact with Loy and the pair met in a car park in Watford.

The court was told Loy put the youngster's push bike in the boot of his car and then drove the boy to his home where, in a bedroom, they undressed and touched each other. The prosecutor said Loy had sent an account of the incident to other internet users.

In court Loy pleaded guilty to five offences of sexual activity with a child, three offences of taking indecent photos, two of distributing indecent pictures, five of making indecent photos of a child, and two of possessing indecent photos.

Daniel O'Malley defending said Loy had shown a great deal of remorse and wanted to apologise to "all concerned."

Mr O'Malley said: "He is prepared for a custodial sentence and wants to assist inmates with education."

Passing sentence Judge Bright told Loy he had systematically abused one young boy who he had photographed. He said he had taken advantage of the second youth "for his own gratification."

He was jailed for five years and three months.

Loy's name will also go on the sex offenders' register for the rest of his life and he was also made the subject of a Sexual Offences Prevention Order (SOPO).

Please note - all court copies are provided by South Beds News Agency, who retain the copyright for all articles published.