Man jailed for breaching restraining order - Leighton Buzzard

23/03/2016

A Leighton Buzzard man was jailed for 12 months today, Wednesday, 23 March 2016, for breaching a court order banning him from contacting a former partner.

Nigel Wright, aged 53, was given a restraining order by Bedfordshire Magistrates' on 7 September last year, banning him from contacting the woman. But Wright, of North Street, Leighton Buzzard, was found guilty at Luton Crown Court of breaching the order by contacting the woman on 24 November 2015, just two and a half months after it had been made.

Recorder Stephen Lennard said: "When orders of the court are made, you are expected to comply with them. The order was made to protect the victim." He said that by contacting the woman and issuing a threat, he had caused "psychological harm." He went on to say: "There was a complete absence of remorse. The order had been made for two years and you were in breach of it after two months."

Please note - all court copies are provided by South Beds News Agency, who retain the copyright for all articles published.