Man convicted of wounding with intent - Slough


A 19-year-old man was convicted at Reading Crown Court on Tuesday, 16 July 2013, of two offences relating to an incident involving a shotgun, which occurred in Slough earlier this year.

Javarne Adams, of Churchill Road, Slough, pleaded guilty at Reading Crown Court to wounding with intent, and possession of a firearm with intent.

On Tuesday, 22 January, Adams took a shotgun to a property in Meadow Road, Langley, and threatened a man with it. During the incident, the 25-year-old victim was shot in the leg.

A second man, 20-year-old Aman Khan of Chestnut Avenue, Slough, was found guilty on Thursday, 18 July 2013, of assisting an offender after a trial at Reading Crown Court.

Baljit Ubhey OBE, Chief Crown Prosecutor for Thames and Chiltern Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) said: "The victim in this case was shot at point blank range in the leg in an alleyway in Langley, Slough in a premeditated attack by Adams, who was known to him.  Adams used a shotgun, taken there for the purpose.

"The conviction of Adams demonstrates that people who use firearms inappropriately will be robustly investigated by the police and vigorously prosecuted by the CPS.  The CPS and police are committed to protecting the public from dangerous and violent criminals.  These convictions should act as a deterrent to others that violence will simply not be tolerated in our communities.

"I hope that the victim, who has shown great courage throughout this process, continues with his recovery."

Investigating officer Detective Constable Sukhdeep Kanwar from Slough Force CID said: "This started as a minor incident, which escalated, because of the use of a live firearm and it could have been a lot worse, due to the close proximity to the victim.

"I would like to commend the courage of the victim and the witnesses who came forward, providing crucial evidence and sticking with what has been a lengthy process.

"This incident stemmed from a minor dispute and others should take note of this outcome.

"The victim has been left with serious permanent injuries and a young man has now admitted to very serious offences, which will have a lasting impact on his life. I hope this can act as a deterrent to others out there who might be tempted to take this path in life."

Both men will be sentenced at Reading Crown Court on Thursday, 22 August 2013.