Fishermead murders - jury discharged
19/03/2012
The jury in the trial of three men accused of murdering two teenagers in an alleyway in Milton Keynes has been discharged.
19-year-old Mohammed Farah and Amin Ahmed Ismail, 18, were shot in the head in an alleyway off Fishermead Boulevard just after 10pm on 26 May last year.
Mohammed was pronounced dead at the scene. Amin, who had been shot twice, was taken to hospital and, after all attempts to save his life failed, died the next day.
Three men - also of Somali origin - Yahya Harun, 21, of Fishermead Boulevard, Milton Keynes, Sharmake Abdulkadir, 21, of The Fleet, Springfield, Milton Keynes, and Fuad Awale, 24, of no fixed abode, pleaded not guilty to two charges of murder. Abdulkadir has also been charged with possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.
After legal arguments on Monday, 19 March 2012, Mr Justice Nicholl told the jury at St Albans Crown Court that he was stopping the trial for legal reasons.
He told them: "The fundamental criteria of a trial it is must be fair. If the present trial continued it would not meet the test."
A retrial is expected to be held in October.
Please note - all court copies are provided by South Beds News Agency, who retain the copyright for all articles published.
