No charge in Melanie Hall investigation

28/11/2014

The Crown Prosecution Service has decided there is insufficient evidence to charge a 45-year-old Bath man in relation to the death of Melanie Hall.

He was arrested by Avon and Somerset police on 19 November 2013 on suspicion of murder and had been bailed until Dec 1 2014 pending a CPS charging decision.

CPS Deputy Chief Crown Prosecutor Nicola Haywood said: "having carefully reviewed the file presented to the CPS by Avon and Somerset police in line with the Code for Crown Prosecutors, I have decided that there is insufficient evidence to charge anyone in relation to the disappearance on Melanie Hall."

Detective Chief Inspector Gareth Bevan, of Avon and Somerset Polices Major Crime Investigation Unit, said: "We respect the decision of the CPS and will continue to work with them as this investigation continues."