Man jailed after stabbing in Harrow


A man who attacked three men with a knife after an argument at a pub has been sentenced to two years and three months in prison.

Aron Mahmood, 21, was sentenced on two counts of unlawful wounding, having an offensive weapon in a public place, affray and assault occasioning actual bodily harm at Harrow Crown Court today (13 November). He had admitted the crimes at a previous court hearing on 5 October.

Mahmood attacked the group with a knife as they walked to Harrow-on-the-Hill underground station along College Road in the early hours of 9 July.

The victims and Mahmood’s friends had been inside the Harrow Public House when an argument broke out between the groups. Mahmood, who was not present at the pub, approached the victims as they left the venue.

The attack left the men with cuts and stab wounds. One victim sustained serious injuries to his groin area.

CPS London North reviewing lawyer Elizabeth Lockwood said: "This incident stemmed from a dispute earlier on in the evening, one that did not involve Mahmood. However he took it upon himself to launch a knife attack on a group of unarmed young men. 

"The attack was clearly caught on CCTV and as a result of the strong case against him, Mahmood had little choice but to plead guilty to his crimes.

"This is an individual who inflicted serious injuries to his victims using a knife.  He will now serve time in prison as a result of his crimes."


Notes to editors:

Elizabeth Lockwood is a Senior Crown Prosecutor at the Crown Prosecution Service London North.

Mahmood [18/02/1996] is from Harrow.

He received a total of 27 months imprisonment:

  • 26 months for both counts of unlawful wounding, five months for assault occasioning actual bodily harm, five months for affray and five months for having an offensive weapon all to run concurrently.
  • One month for breaching a previous suspended sentence by committing further crime to run consecutively.
  • Two counts of wounding with intent were left to lie on file.