We want to hear your views about our prosecution policy. You can help us to be better informed, fairer and more representative by participating in our consultations.
Public consultation on the new Complaints Handling and Community Engagement Quality Standards
NB - These consultations are now closed
The first Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) Core Quality Standards were issued in March 2010. Together with the Code for Crown Prosecutors, they explained the purpose and work of the CPS.
New Casework Quality Standards were published on 15 May 2014. The new standards replaced the standards relating to casework and seek to cover the key aspects of casework from advice to presentation; placing greater emphasis on 'core quality' - the quality that should be at the heart of the work that everyone in the CPS performs. The consultation on new Casework Quality Standards ended on Friday 27 June 2014. Further information about that consultation process is available on this website.
The Complaints Handling and Community Engagement Standards replace standards 11 and 12 of the first standards relating to complaints and community engagement and seek to introduce transparent and measurable standards for complaints handling and community engagement that better reflect CPS' commitment to providing a better service to victims and witnesses.
The purpose of this consultation is to seek a range of views on the new Complaints Handling and Community Engagement Standards.
- Find out more about the consultation on the new Complaints Handling and Community Engagement Quality Standards - on this site
- Read the proposed new Complaints Handling and Community Engagement Quality Standards - on this site
- Download the proposed Standards (Adobe PDF document - 715kb)
- Download the consultation response document (Microsoft Word file - 181kb)
How to respond to consultations
- Visit the consultation page
- Read the consultation documents
- You can respond to the consultation in writing or by email
- There may be a consultation response sheet to download and complete
- Send your response to the email address or post address listed on the consultation page
- Make sure you submit your response by the closing date