CPS Advocate Panels application scheme
Update on the CPS Advocate Panel Scheme as at Tuesday 26 April 2016
CPS Advocate Panel 2016-2020
The CPS is pleased to announce details of the CPS Advocate Panel scheme which will run for the period 2016-2020 ('the 2016 Panel').
The details of the scheme are included in the guidance and forms below.
All members of the current Advocate Panel ('the 2012 Panel') are asked to read the documentation so they are aware of the scheme and how the transition to the 2016 Panel will be managed and how it may affect them.
All members of the 2012 Panel will receive an email communication from CPS before the end of April to advise them of the new arrangements and whether they will be invited onto the 2016 Panel or have to re-apply. It is important that Panel members look out for this email and contact CPS if an email is not received by them by the end of April.
CPS Advocate Panel 2016-2020: Documentation
This pack contains:
- Document 1: Introduction – this document
- Document 2: Details of the 2016 Panel scheme
- Document 3: Application/upgrade process
- Document 4: Advocate Panel Members' Commitment
- Document 5: Description of levels
- Document 6: Level 1
- Document 7: Levels 2, 3 and 4
- 6 a) Selection Criteria for Levels 2, 3 and 4
- 7 b) Application Form for Levels 2, 3 and 4
- 7 c) Reference Form for Levels 2, 3 and 4
- Document 8: Rape and Child Sexual Abuse List ('the Rape List')
- Document 9: Equalities Monitoring Questionnaire
- Document 10: Assessment Process
- Document 11: Assessment Monitoring form
- Document 12: Explanatory Note to Referees
- Document 13: Details of the Appeals Process
- Document 14: Appeal Form
- Document 15: Upgrade Application Form
- Document 16: Temporary Membership Application Form
- Document 17: Panel Invitation Response Form
Any queries or questions in relation to the scheme should be submitted by email to Advocate.Panels@cps.gsi.gov.uk
CPS Advocate Panel Scheme
Current Advocate Panel list
Advocate Panel list (Excel xlsx file 238kb) updated 26 April 2016