Chief Crown Prosecutors
Chief Crown Prosecutors are senior lawyers whose responsibilities include:
- Carrying out prosecutions, including personal involvement in cases, according to CPS policy.
- Setting and maintaining the highest professional and ethical standards in discharging the Service's local duties.
- Representing the CPS within the local community and in partnership with other Criminal Justice System agencies.
- Contributing to the national policy and strategy of the CPS.
- Ensuring effective employee relations, personnel management and equal opportunities policies in their Area.
Chief Crown Prosecutors report directly to the Director of Public Prosecutions.